Love Your Earth create a graphic artwork to raise awareness – it’s a perfect way to declare your support.
As each day goes by the problems facing the earth become more and more apparent, its quite clear that many things must change and sooner rather than later. Throughout history graphic design has proved itself as one of the best means to instigate a change in society and communicate the urgency of action. We are looking for graphic artworks that will raise awareness of the environmental issues affecting our delicate planet. Your graphic design should provoke a positive change in the many things that are compromising our biosphere.
1st prize: ¥500,000 YEN
2nd prize: ¥200,000 YEN
3 x 3rd prizes: ¥100,000 YEN (each)
Shortlisted designs will be used for flags, stamps, posters etc. and exhibited throughout the city of tokyo and inside the 100% design tokyo venue, during the design week (from 31 october to 04 november, 2007).
- Design Criteria
Your designs must satisfy the following criteria:
1. Original/innovative design – avoid the obvious, fashionable fads and styles, illustrate what is most important to you.
2. Attractive design – good sense of color, typography, illustration, photography etc.
3. Communication – your design should be related to the theme ‘love your earth’. deliver an instant message with your image.
4. Flexibility – it should be easy to adapt your design for different types of mediums, flags, stamps, posters etc.
- Registration Deadline
Application registration will be accepted until september 01, 2007.
- Submission Details
Whether you’re an individual or group, you can only enter a maximum of 3 works.
1. For each entry you are required to prepare a hi-res file of your design approximately 100 x 70 cm, 300dpi (the original hi-res image(s) of your entry will be requested if your work is shortlisted.)
2. Image files for uploading to our server each entry should consist of three images: one complete image of your design plus two details. Please note: use only .gif, .jpeg, (72 dpi) max 100 KB each file, RGB color mode. maximum image size for uploading is 600 (width) x 700 (height) pixels.
[ Click here for more info or to register for the competition ]